Note: This blog article has been updated.
Syncing your Aladtec calendar to your personal calendar is a great way to keep track of scheduled shifts, time off, and events – all in one location! Using iCal, it’s easy to set up the sync.
Follow the steps below to Find the Subscription Link, then Add the Subscription Link to your Personal Calendar. Keep in mind, the frequency and volume of information synced is controlled by your personal calendar provider (i.e. Google, iOS, etc.).
Find the Subscription Link
A subscription link is required to sync your Aladtec calendar to your personal calendar. Log into Aladtec on the same device you are using to sync the calendars and copy the subscription link, using the following steps:
- Navigate to My Schedule in Aladtec – if on a mobile device, use the Full Site View
- Select “Configure” under the iCal heading
- Select which schedules to sync to your personal calendar, then click “Subscribe” – for the best performance, only select the schedules you need
- Select your personal calendar program, then copy the subscription link
Add the Subscription Link to your Personal Calendar
To view your Aladtec calendar in your personal Google calendar, add the subscription link via a non-mobile device, e.g. laptop or desktop. Once the Google Calendar is set up on the non-mobile device, Google will sync this calendar on your mobile devices that are connected to the same Google account. The sync may take several hours depending on the Google syncing schedule.
To add the subscription link in your personal Google calendar, complete the following:
- Click the “+” next to “Add a coworker’s calendar”, then select “From URL”
- Paste the subscription link from the Find the Subscription Link section above, then select “Add Calendar” – it may take a few minutes to sync before the calendar is added
- The calendar will appear in the list of Other calendars, as “Aladtec Member Schedule” – depending on Google, this may also show up as a link which can be modified in the next step
- (Optional) To modify the name of the calendar, complete the following:
- From the Google Calendar, under “Other Calendars”, select “Settings” for the new calendar
- Edit the “Name” for the calendar, then click the arrow to exit “Settings”
For iOS (e.g. iPhone, iPad), add your Aladtec calendar using the steps below. Once completed, your Aladtec calendar will be viewable as part of your iOS calendar.
1. Navigate to “Settings”
2. Select “Accounts & Passwords”
3. Select “Add Account”
4. Select “Other”
5. Select “Add Subscribed Calendar”
6. Paste the subscription link in “Server” – use the link copied from the Find the Subscription Link steps above
7. Select “Next”
8. Modify the following “Subscription” settings, then Save
• Edit the Description (optional)
• Leave “User Name” and “Password” blank
• Select “Use SSL”
• Turn on/off “Remove Alarms” (optional)
For questions or additional help with syncing your calendar, please contact the Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.749.5550. As always, thank you for using Aladtec!
~ Your Aladtec Team