Our team has been developing and hosting secure online applications since 1996. We use our knowledge and experience to design security and reliability into everything we do.
We will never transfer or lend any of the information your organization enters in your Aladtec online employee scheduling system to any other company. The information posted by you and your employees will remain private and confidential.
Physical Security At Hosting Facility
- Only authorized personnel are admitted. Entrance to the facility requires access through two doors; the first requires an access card only, and the second requires both an access card and a biometric hand reader.
- The facility has manned security staff on-site 24/7 to monitor all access.
- There are security cameras covering the entire facility.
- Our equipment is in a private cabinet within the data center accessible only by our staff and authorized data center personnel.
Environmental Controls At Hosting Facility
- Higher than normal raised floor (30 inches) for unimpeded air flow and extra protection against potential water damage.
- Redundant HVAC systems.
- Redundant power system (UPS Generator).
Fire Suppression Controls At Hosting Facility
- VESDA system in place to detect potential fires before flame or smoke.
- Dry-pipe fire suppression system.
- True grounding throughout the data center delivered to each cabinet.
Remote Server Management
- Our remote server monitoring system operates 24/7/365 to make sure our servers are online. If one of our servers goes down for any reason, one of our technicians will be notified via pager.
- We maintain rolling incremental backups at the hosting facility storing each backup for 14 days.
- We maintain full database daily backups off-site stored for at least two years.
Online System Access Security
- We provide your company with a login and password for your Top Level Administrator(s).
- Your Top Level Administrator(s) provides each of your users with a login and password.
- All online system access is limited to users with assigned logins and passwords.
- All users of an Aladtec online employee scheduling system are encouraged to protect the privacy of their passwords and to change their passwords periodically.
- All online system access requires login and password authentication over our 256 bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection.
- Automation protection is in place to prevent brute force and dictionary attacks from guessing passwords.
- The amount of information a user can view and/or edit is based on their Access Level, which are assigned within your system by system administrator(s).
Disaster Recovery Overview
We attempt to avoid disaster through quality software development and quality hosting. We make it a priority to be flexible and have systems in place so that, in the event of a disaster, a quick recovery can be made.
The key components of our disaster recovery plan are as follows:
- Maintain daily on-site AND off-site system backups.
- Utilize remote server monitoring to receive instant notice of server problems.
- Maintain a full-time server hosting team available 24/7/365 in case of emergency.
- Maintain a full-time software engineering team available 24/7/365 in case of emergency.
- Maintain enough server capacity so that if a single machine goes down, we have the option to move customer systems to other live hardware within the primary hosting facility.
- Maintain a relationship with a secondary hosting facility hundreds of miles away from the primary facility so in the case of a major facility failure (e.g. terrorism, natural disaster), new hardware can be brought online quickly.
- Utilize VCS (Version Control System) to aid in bug elimination AND to secure both production and development code at multiple locations.